[texworks] Compiling TeXworks on MacOSX

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 10:13:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-09-27 09:54, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Yes, I know and hope to hear from him. I found his response for 1 year
> ago and realized that I am missing "few" things. I suspect that Qt4.5
> installer changed things and even poppler ./configure cannot find them
> and I have poppler without at support. WTH they put f.e. executables
> in /usr/bin?

/usr/bin is the standard place for executables on Unix/Linux. I think
they are also recognized on Mac (since it's Unix-based), but it's not
standard. Anyway, if you followed the guide on the wiki, you have
pkg-config installed? This means you need to alter the .pc files,
otherwise pkg-config won't find the Qt files. One obvious change is the
version, but another possible one is the prefix variable. If your Qt 4.5
files are not saved in places like /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework,
than the prefix lines have to be adjusted appropriately.

Other than that, I believe it is possible to tell the configure script
where to look for files manually. But of course, you first need to know
where they are in any case ;).

HTH