[texworks] Dictionary not recognized

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 18:07:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-09-26 07:17, Peter Hertel wrote:
> I use TeXworks 0.1 r 416 on Windows Vista. I downloaded the en-US
> dictionary files, created a folder ...\TeXworks\dictionaries and
> placed the dictionaries there. However, they are not detected. What is
> wrong?

Hm, I can't tell you what's wrong yet ;). But I do have a few questions:
 * Did you run Tw before creating the folder?
 * If so: where did you create the folder (normally, Tw should create an
empty one itself; so if you created one yourself it may be in the wrong
place)
 * Where did you get the dictionary files from? What files are that
(filename, extension, etc.)? (Not all formats work with Tw, AFAIK)