[texworks] bug? auto update documents

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 14:30:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

Jérome Laurens schrieb:
> When editing the same text document at the same time in texworks and
> with another editor, it seems that texworks tracks the external
> changes only to a certain amount.
> This can happen if you use an external tool to make spelling corrections.
> The first ones are properly tracked but after 10 changes
> (approximately) it seems that texworks gives up.
>
> It's difficult to find out a minimal example...
> And of course, this is most probably a Qt bug rather than a texworks bug,
> which means that it might not be fixed very soon.

I just tried to produce a minimal example, but couldn't reproduce the
bug. I tried the following:
 1) Create a new document in Tw containing simply "1"
 2) Open the file in another editor
 3) replace "1" by "2" and save
 4) Tw notices the new content and updates its display accordingly (even
in the background)
 5) Repeat from step 3, incrementing the counter as you go
I checked up to a counter value of 30, but Tw always noticed the change.
But then again, I haven't noticed the bug at all on my system (Ubuntu
9.04). Can others confirm this behavior?