[texworks] TeXworks and Ubuntu 8.10

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Fri Sep 18 02:27:00 CEST 2009

 Edad! I followed the steps on
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/Building
under Ubuntu (Hardy) & Debian ..
and at ./texworks, up popped the application. Much experimenting lies
ahead now.
I have used MikTeX + WinEdt very happily fro many years under MS, so I have
high expectations.

I still don't understand why the attempts to install the three packages
below failed. I note the
the code.google instructions require me do download/install
libpoppler-qt4-dev and
libhunspell-dev so perhaps the necessary things have been built from these.

Cheers /Greg Bennett
**