[texworks] TeXworks and Ubuntu 8.10

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Fri Sep 18 01:41:11 CEST 2009

Stefan, I am running Intrepid rather than Hardy.
When I try
 sudo apt-get install libhunspell-1.1-0 libpoppler-qt4-2 libpoppler2
I see Reading Package list... Done
        Building dependency tree
        Reading state information... Done
Package libhunspell-1.1-0 (or the others) is not available, but us
referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is
only available from another source
E: Package libhunspell-1.1-0 (or the others0 has no release candidate.

Poking about on Ubuntu leaves me with locations on some *Hardy* archives
and a suggestion that I
add lines pointing to these to sources.list; I tried but to no effect.

I do see libhunspell-1.2 and libpoppler-qt3 about, but I assume that the
build script for TeXworks is version
specific.

I suppose I have to wait until Intrepid stuff becomes available. I am
told I can download the packages I'm missing
but I am then unsure how to install them in the proper places and I'm
not sure I am confident enough to try to
build TeXworks from the ground up.

Thx again for your help
/Greg
**