[texworks] New files at my site

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:54:13 CEST 2009

Hi again,

Mehdi Omidali schrieb:
> On 9/15/09, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mehdi Omidali schrieb:
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Good news is that now I can use context inside texworks but syntax
>>> highlighting is missing.
>>>

>> Did you take a look at your syntax highlighting configuration in
>> syntax-patterns.txt? (See
>> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Locating_and_customizing_TeXworks_resources
>> for where to find the configuration files on your system) There should
>> be a "[LaTeX]" section and a "[ConTeXt]", each with some lines of code
>> in it. If not, delete the file (or move/rename it out of the way), Tw
>> should recreate it on the next launch.
>>

> Hi, I di have this patterns. I have no problem with the binary of
> rev.404 posted on the main website. But the compiled binary of rev416
> has this problem and even when I remove it, texworks doesn't create a
> new one in the next start.

This is weird, but enables some systematic steps:
1) Which of Alain's versions do you use?  (mingw or msvc as well as
base, print, lua, or all)?
2) does it create the syntax patterns file if you run the r404 from the
main website?
3) Do you have a TeXworks-setup.ini file?
4) Do other features with similar configuration files work? (like tags,
auto-indent, smart quotes)

HTH