[texworks] TeXworks and TeXLive 2009

Mike Willis Mike.Willis at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 10:29:35 CEST 2009

On 15/09/09 09:14, Joseph Wright wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> TeXworks is just an editor in that sense. Whatever TeX system is
> installed can be used (it works with the Windows-only MiKTeX system as
> well, for example). So there is no danger of not being able to use it
> with TeX Live 2008 (or TeX Live 2007, or ...)

Excellent :)
My replacing of TeXLive 2007 with 2008 wasn't actually anything to do
with TeXLive. It was suggested to me that it would be beneficial for
various other reasons.

It's useful that you mentioned MiKTeX since we have that on our Windows
machines. (I don't know why MiKTeX over TeXLive or Whatever). I'll
suggest getting TeXWorks on the Windows machines too.

thanks,

mike