[texworks] Error in the translation files

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 12 20:13:44 CEST 2009

On 12 Sep 2009, at 14:56, Stefan Löffler wrote:

>> But the sentence "TeXworks Manual" is not available!!!
>
> IIRC, the name for the entry in the help menu (I guess that's what
> you're referring to) is derived from the file/folder name the manual
> is
> in. So this depends on how you call your manual and is not hard-coded
> (and hence not translatable) in the Tw interface.

Right, it will use the folder name (you might have multiple manuals
and other documents, each in its own folder within texworks-help; each
will get added to the menu). For localized manuals, you can override
the name by including a text file in the manual directory (alongside
index.html, etc) named "tw-help-title.txt" containing a single line
with the title you want to use -- see the "en" and "fr" subfolders in
the packages I distribute, which provide separate English and French
titles.

JK