[texworks] Error in the translation files

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Sat Sep 12 18:04:17 CEST 2009

Hi!

Stefan Löffler a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 2009-09-12 15:14, Alain Delmotte wrote:
>
> Hm, curious. I suppose the translation files are modified (at least
> now). Could you revert them to their original version (the one in the
> repository)? The command for it should be `svn revert trans/`, though I
> don't know if svn supports reverting all files in a directory (if not,
> please revert at least the italian .ts file). Sometimes this could help.
> If it doesn't, could you please post the first few lines of the italian
> .ts file (or the whole file)? This new error message you mention seem
> much more helpful than the old one, but now the question is what really
> is in that file.

OK, it is not necessary; this is a local problem.
I have a folder in which I make the updates from the repository; but the
files are not only updated, but also saved as backup (at least I think),
so I have for example:
TeXworks_fr.ts
TeXworks_fr.ts.mine
TeXworks_fr.ts.r322
TeXworks_fr.ts.r328
At the beginning of the _it.ts there is "<<<<<<<<<< .mine" = the error
But I copied the _it.ts files not the others!! (I keep the original
updates far from the place where I compile :-)) )

Now I do not understand why these files are created! And why the updated
.ts is modified this time and not before!
>> So I updated for the French version.
>> But the sentence "TeXworks Manual" is not available!!!
>>

> IIRC, the name for the entry in the help menu (I guess that's what
> you're referring to) is derived from the file/folder name the manual is
> in. So this depends on how you call your manual and is not hard-coded
> (and hence not translatable) in the Tw interface.

OK, I changed the name and its OK (to be added to the manual).

Alain