[texworks] Error in the translation files

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 11 23:51:53 CEST 2009

On 11 Sep 2009, at 16:28, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I downloaded the release 416 and compiled it with mingw (as usual as
> base, print, lua and all subversions) and wanted to update the
> French translation.
> So, for example for the all subversion, I went to the folder having
> all the files and issued on the console:
>
> lupdate texworks.pro
>
> There were errors during lupdating.
> See the attached file: the error log. Some other languages had the
> same problem, but not all; example the german, not.
> It is also the case for the files from the distribution (in the base
> subversion, it looks like there are 2 entries untranslated, 12 for
> the all subversion).
>
> Any solution?

Very strange, I haven't seen anything like that. What version of Qt
are you using? Maybe if it's older than the one I'm currently running
(4.5.1), there might have been some kind of change to the files.

I'll try running lupdate here later, and see if anything strange
happens....  It's normal for there to be a few untranslated entries in
some of the languages, as not everything is entirely up to date... or
there may be obsolete entries... or things like shortcut keys that the
translator has deliberately skipped.

JK