[texworks] Lua Extension - put into Sentance Case, Trim, Date Time, lowercase, uppercase

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 08:00:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-09-10 23:46, Paul A Norman wrote:
> I think we are in different time zones! I'm GMT + 12.

That's right, I'm GMT + 2 ;).

> I "assume" that's also what Lua does with
> http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/professional/luasocket/
> <http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/%7Ediego/professional/luasocket/>  aqnd
> the like, unless you leave the door open the response is strictly
> channelled? Well, it should be!

I don't know that package, but a quick glance leads me to believe that
it implements a pretty generic version of TCP. If that's right, you can
do anything with it (including binary packages). Anyway, when one uses a
script, there's always the possibility of a malicious intent on the side
of the programmer, so the users always have to be careful. The main
intention of my comment was that we should not make hacking any easier
than necessary (e.g. by offering possible ways to download arbitrary
data to QtScript ourselves).