[texworks] Window Show Tags and Window Show Contents

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:06:46 CEST 2009

On 9 Sep 2009, at 13:23, Paul A Norman wrote:

> Great Stuff!
>
> So just to clarify things,  when using things like
>
> \phantomsection
> \addcontentsline{toc}{section}{<section-name>}
>
> to get appropriate bookmark in editor tags, I can add
>
> %:section-name
> \phantomsection
> \addcontentsline{toc}{section}{<section-name>}

Yes, that should work. Though the default configuration for the editor
Tags feature (you can customize it via a file in the texworks
configuration folder) will display %: bookmarks in a separate section
from the (hierarchical) display of the document structure as defined
by \section, \subsection, etc.

If you wanted to add "phantom" bookmarks that become part of the
section hierarchy, you'd need to invent a new form of "bookmark
comment" that indicates the level in the hierarchy, rather than simply
"flat" (level 0) markers, and add these to the configuration file.

(But maybe that's getting into too much detail!)

JK