[texworks] Window Show Tags and Window Show Contents

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Sep 9 12:13:40 CEST 2009

Le 9 sept. 2009 à 11:11, Stefan Löffler a écrit :

> And likewise, you can probably add custom entries to the pdf toc
> (either
> through hyperref, I'm not sure if that's supported, or through some
> specials). But the bottom line is: you need to add the data to the pdf
> somehow, and hyperref is a convenient way to do that automatically.

That's exactly what I've done recently, using (with the hyperref
package)

\phantomsection
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{<section-name>}

to add a PDF bookmark at a point where there normally is none.

Below is a screenshot showing source tags and PDF table of contents in
parallel for a structured document, and the difference between the two.

Another useful trick has been suggested to me on a list by CV
Radhakrishnan, to enable automatic creation of PDF bookmarks while
disabling automatic creation of hyperlinks within the PDF output (for
section, equation, figure and table numbers and for bibliographic
entries):

\usepackage[%
   implicit=true,%
   bookmarks=true,%