[texworks] Window Show Tags and Window Show Contents

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 01:12:15 CEST 2009

Thanks Steffan,

I'd like to say first that I really appreciate the careful and gentlemanly
way that the team handles our User issues and requests.  It is a real credit
to the professional way you are all handling the TexWorks project and a real
refreshment to find in IT things. Awesome!

>        However the editor tags window only ever has "No Tags" in the top
> and some fine dots.

*Actually I have never seen any tags ever in the editor's tags window.*
**

 OK, this raises another few questions:
* Did you try quitting and restarting Tw? I experienced some weird
behavior just now (the tags did show up, but didn't get updated when I
changed something) which went away after reloading the file.

Tried restarting no difference.

* Did you try adding a line like
%:My Bookmark
AFAIK this is not well documented yet (I'm going to put it on the wiki),
but it should add bookmarks to the tag window so you can jump to
arbitrary places in your sources.

 Yes have tried that at your suggestionn, even took the spaces out but in
any event nothing in the editor's Tag window
        %:MyBookmark
       dah dah dha xxxxxx
        %:My2ndBookmark

* Did you try with the most recent standard build (i.e. those on Tw's
Google Code page)? This may be related to Alain's (experimental) Lua
build, in which case we'd have to investigate in a totally different
direction.

I will have to do that (would mean for now no scripting extension) -

*- regrettably*, as I have been using Alain's Lua build to actually help me
- I have needed to be able to easily insert custom LaTeX tags, and certain
text editing features, and his Lua bindings provided the needed mechanism -
one which allowed me to easily update any LaTeX tag changes I make.

Although I have to say I still find Lua unfamillar and a little bit of a
challenge, say to a more standard or historical EMCA type language, but it
does seem to offer some things that may be EMCA dialects don't yet, and
these may be imortant enough to perservere with.

Paul