[texworks] EPS images

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Sep 9 02:18:31 CEST 2009

Le 8 sept. 2009 à 22:20, Lukas Klausner a écrit :

> I've recently switched from TeXShop under MacOS X to TeXworks under
> Ubuntu 9.04. It seems to work fine for me except for one problem:
> Compiling documents which include EPS images (which I, as a
> mathematician, prefer to use as the primary image format). Under
> TeXShop I had to switch from Pdftex to TeX+Ghostscript to correctly
> compile those documents; AFAICS, currently TeXworks does not offer any
> functionality to allow for this option. Could this be included in a
> future version?

First, TeX Live 2009 (to be released soon) includes a new version of
the epstopdf package which performs on-the-fly conversion of EPS files
when compiled with pdfTeX.

Secondly, assuming TeX on Ubuntu includes the simpdftex script, you
can achieve what you're looking for by creating a new typesetting tool
corresponding to the command

	simpdftex latex --extratexopts "-synctex=1" <filename>

Here on the Mac the following works.

Bruno Voisin