[texworks] Window Show Tags and Window Show Contents

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:27:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

Paul A Norman schrieb:

> message from TeXworks user
>
> I am using 0.1 ver 366
>
> Editor: Window Show Tags and  Popplar: Window Show Contents
>
> Don't seem to be working any more.
>
> Heres my trial document based on the Template example:
>
> [listing skipped]

With your document, the "Show Tags" in the editor window works for me
(it displays the outline of the document and I can jump to the
respective sections). The "Show Contents" in the pdf preview doesn't
work because hyperref is not used. If I add that package and retypeset
the document several times, the contents appears as well (you may need
to purge the temporary files created by latex).

I'm on Linux (Ubuntu 9.04), using Tw r404 w/ TL2008. What's your
configuration?

Do the windows show up at all (only empty)? Is the table of contents
displayed for other pdfs (e.g. one you didn't typeset yourself and for
which you're sure it has table of contents data embedded)?

-Stefan