[texworks] Lua Extension - put into Sentance Case, Trim, Date Time, lowercase, uppercase

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 10:12:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-09-02 11:44, GMAIL wrote:

> message from TeXworks user
>
> I am very new to Lua as no doubt the following will confirm, but I
> have been able to hobble this together from the Tutorials and chm help
> and other Lua Wiki resources.
>
> Share it in case it inspires any one else...

Thanks for putting the time into this and for sharing. I haven't tested
it intensively, but the first impression is great. It's good to see
people testing the new (experimental) features of TeXworks.

> (Also wondering, does TW object expose any more properties or methods
> please?

Yes, that's definitely planned. So far, the Lua implementation is very
experimental and basically just a prove of concept. After the first
official release, we'll brainstorm new development plans for Tw, and Lua
will certainly be in there. Then we'll probably also be drafting a
reasonable API with more properties, methods, etc. so that it gets
really usable. The methods provided so far are only quick hacks to show
that it can be done (as you proved with your scripts ;)).