[texworks] Error compiling the present release on Windows

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 25 19:51:38 CEST 2009

On 25 Aug 2009, at 07:25, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Back behind the keyboard (and finding a lot of messages and
> evolution).
>
> I updated the sources and I got release 40? (402 or 406 - well just
> now 16:20 on 2009/08/25)
>
> I made the modifications I usually made for compiling under mingw32
> but got an error at compilation:
>
> in TWApp.cpp
> poppler-config.h and GlobalParams.h : files not found.

If you're using the KDE poppler libs and headers, you probably don't
have the optional "xpdf headers" that accompany poppler, so you'll
need to comment out the option

     QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -DHAVE_POPPLER_XPDF_HEADERS

in the .pro file. (This is noted on the wiki page, actually.)

> There could be other, but I don't know.
> qmake worked without error.
>
> I also see that the declarations for win32 are about "MinGW514"!!

Those are specific to where I have mingw installed (I'm now building
with release 5.1.4 and gcc 4.4, not the older version that Qt
bundles). As always, I assume you'll need to change them to suit your
build environment.

JK