[texworks] SyncTeX Homepage (was: German translation)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 09:47:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

Jérome Laurens schrieb:

> Le 18 août 09 à 07:34, Stefan Löffler a écrit :
>>

>> Cool, new synctex code :). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find out
>> what's new - Tw doesn't seem to include the readme/version files, and
>> from the official SyncTeX page I only get a "Server unable to read
>> htaccess file, denying access to be safe". Jérome?
>
> The synctex home page is not up to date.
> The latest synctex code is actually in texlive svn repository.

Ok, didn't know that. It was just the first (or second?) item Google
came up with.

> I have tasks planned for the next pair of days but afterwards I will
> be able to update the site and the CTAN repository.

Sure, no hurry. It's not that important (to me, anyway). I just thought
I'd report it nevertheless.

> I do not have accessing problem for the sourceforge site. Maybe you
> tried at a wrong time...

I tried again from work just now, same problem. Starting from
http://itexmac.sourceforge.net/SyncTeX.html, all of the individual files
(synctex_parser_readme.txt etc.) give me the error:

1. Server: itexmac.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /SyncTeXPackage/synctex_parser_readme.txt
3. Error notes: Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to
be safe
4. Error type: 403
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2009-08-18 07:44:43 UTC (1250581483)
[...]
NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by
default. This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file
with the name ".htaccess" with this line:
Options +Indexes

The SyncTeXPackage.zip seems to work, though.

Regards