[texworks] German translation (was: new builds: v0.1 r386)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 07:34:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-08-18 02:28, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> Tonight I have posted new Windows and Mac builds of TeXworks 0.1
> rev.386. These include some minor translation updates, a new Spanish
> localization, and also updated synctex code.

Cool, new synctex code :). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find out
what's new - Tw doesn't seem to include the readme/version files, and
from the official SyncTeX page I only get a "Server unable to read
htaccess file, denying access to be safe". Jérome?

> Please report any new issues, especially any problems that seem to be
> related to the synctex update, which has had minimal testing so far.

Nothing I found so far. But then again I just checked it out and
compiled it ;).

> Last-minute translation updates to be included in the "final" TeXworks
> 0.1 release are still welcome, of course, including the phrase "Open
> the following file types with TeXworks by default:" for the Windows
> installer, as well as the main TW interface.

This is the main reason for this mail: I've attached the updated German
translation.

Apropos translations: by reading the Qt documentation, I found out that
Qt officially only supports German, French, and Simplified Chinese
translations (i.e. translations for buttons like "Ok" and "Cancel"). All
the other translations are - if at all - user contributed. So we will
have to come up with a file for translating these standard things. Of
course we could limit this to GUI strings and some general strings.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this in a simple way. Producing
the .ts files from the Qt sources is unpractical, because that would
require every translator to download a full copy of these sources (some
100s of MB). Besides, this would result in some 500+ strings, which we
don't need. On the other hand, updates to the .ts files are only
possible against the sources...