[texworks] xelatex template does not compile

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Thu Aug 13 18:00:30 CEST 2009

All, and the XeLaTeX template also fails to compile on my Mac OS X,
fairly recent MacTex, TeXLive-2008.

(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/
fixltx2e.sty))kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Charis SIL', contains ' '
! Font \zf at basefont="Charis SIL" at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file or i
nstalled font not found.
\zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
\unless \ifzf at icu \zf at set@...
l.14 \setmainfont{Charis SIL}
% set the main body font (\textrm), assumes Ch...
?

Probably because I don't have that font, but perhaps a "standard"
template should use a font that will be on most, if not all, systems.

David.