[texworks] Linux build and manual

Mike Willis Mike.Willis at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Aug 11 12:30:22 CEST 2009

This message (http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2009q3/001330.html)
about new Windows and Mac binaries makes reference to an entry on the
Help menu called TeXworks manual". Is it possible to compile a Linux
build which has that option and if so, how?

Running texworks under strace reveals that texworks looks for a
directory /usr/local/share/texworks-help so I wondered if creating that
directory and putting a copy of the manual in there might make the
option appear. But it doesn't. It doesn't achieve anything as far as I
can see, although strace shows that texworks notices that there are
files in there.

I'm also curious about an executable called texworks-help. My texworks
executable is at /usr/bin/texworks and strace ouput indicates that it
looks for a file /usr/bin/texworks-help which doesn't exist. What does
texworks-help do and how does one create it?

thanks,

mike