[texworks] Some remarks regarding TeXworks on Mac OS X

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:48:08 CEST 2009

On 3 Aug 2009, at 17:54, Berend Hasselman wrote:

> On 03-08-2009, at 18:40, Berend Hasselman wrote:
>
>> What are the action names for MovetoStartofLine and MovetoEndofLine?
>> Then I could set
>>
>> action_XXX=Home
>> action_YYY=End
>>
>> and get the behaviour of Home and End in the editor that I so want.
>>
>> Berend
>
> Stupid of me.
> I should have looked in  http://www.leliseron.org/texworks/actions_alpha.txt
> No actions for moving to start/end of Line.

Right; so there's currently no way you can change these, sorry.
"Actions" are specific operations defined in the texworks code, and
connected to menu items, buttons, shortcuts, etc; but the basic text-
editing operations are handled directly by the Qt text editor code,
without going through individual user-interface "widgets" and
"actions" for each operation.

It should still be possible to provide a way to customize the key
bindings at some point in the future, but it can't be done through the
existing actions file mechanism.

JK