[texworks] Wordcount

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 17:00:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

there's really not that much I want to add to this discussion at the
moment, as I think many of the problems have been stated already.
There's just one statement I'd like to second:

On 2009-08-01 11:27, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> In any case: if you want to do character count and simplistic word
> count in editor, that should be done by a lua script in my opinion (so
> that it becomes more flexible).

If we intend to do word counting in the sources (despite all the
problems), we have to deal with the feature that Tw is designed to
support all sorts of formats (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, ...). TeXwordcount
(which I didn't know, unfortunately), also only supports LaTeX AFAICT.
So, since we won't be able to implement word counting generically, the
only possible alternative is to put it into a (format dependent) script
like lua.

Regards