[texworks] Icon v9

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Fri Jul 31 14:26:52 CEST 2009

Le 31 juil. 09 à 13:47, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> Beautiful work, Stefan! You'll see that I have updated the icons in
> the repository (and in the available builds), based on these latest
> images.

Minor comment: the perspective effect of seeing the icon sideways is
very marked, making the left faces of the T, for example, practically
invisible. This feels awkward especially at small sizes.

I checked with the icons of the other applications I'm familiar with,
the few of them which are a perspective view seem to be using a face
view rather than a side view (by this I mean the observer is looking
from above along the "main axis" of the object used as icon, rather
than from above on the side). See for example the icon for the Keynote
application <http://www.apple.com/iwork/keynote/>.

It would be nice, I think, that the T be viewed a bit less sideways.
(That said, I don't remember the exact history, whether the current
sideways view is the result of somebody else's suggestion here. And as
I said, it's really a minor detail.)

Bruno