[texworks] new binaries (Windows & Mac)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:40:49 CEST 2009

On 31 Jul 2009, at 02:49, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Works here on Windows XP SP3.
>
> Should I stop creating the binaries?

It's up to you, depending how closely you want to track changes to the
code, I guess. I don't have any objection to you creating and posting
them, of course. :) I've been wanting to come up with a build that is
more self-contained than the KDE-libs version; you'll notice that the
number of dlls has been cut down, especially by avoiding fontconfig
and its dependencies.

I hope that I'll be able to maintain a current Windows binary fairly
easily now; I don't expect to update the download for every little
change that is checked-in, but I should be able to update it whenever
there is a significant new feature or bug-fix.

> What about experimenting with print and/or Lua?

At this point, I'm aiming towards a stable release of v0.1 for TL'09.
Once that is done, I'll tag and branch that version (for maintenance),
and look into adding printing and scripting to the development version
(trunk). But of course it will always be true that if you want to
experiment with patches that I haven't accepted into the repository,
you'll need to do your own builds.

JK