[texworks] Magnify icon not working on the Mac

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:27:58 CEST 2009

On 31 Jul 2009, at 04:48, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 29 juil. 09 à 13:14, Bruno Voisin a écrit :
>
>> Here with v0.1 (r233) on the Mac (OS X 10.5.7), the Magnify icon in
>> the toolbar of the Preview window isn't working. The corresponding
>> items in the View menu and in the contextual Ctrl-Click menu work,
>> but not the toolbar icon.
>>
>> Do other people see the same?
>
> Just realized, when trying the new Mac build, that the Magnify
> button is actually a magnifying lens, so that the magnification is
> not applied at once to the whole preview window, but as the pointer
> moves over the window.

That's right; sorry, I was meaning to reply to you about this, but
didn't get to it yet. Glad you figured it out!

BTW, in addition to the transient magnifying-glass function, you can
use the tool to zoom the entire preview in/out; hold down Shift or Alt/
Option and click.

> I imagine what confused me is the "+" inside the lens in the Magnify
> button, given I'm used on the Mac to a Lens button (without "+") for
> the Magnifying lens (TeXShop, Classic Textures) and + and - buttons
> for Zoom In/Out (Preview, Adobe Reader/Acrobat). Talk about
> conditional reflexes!

Interesting point, though. Perhaps the toolbar button should be a lens
without "+".

JK