[texworks] Some remarks regarding TeXworks on Mac OS X

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 30 16:39:01 CEST 2009

Jonathan Kew wrote

> > 2. I would like to change some of the keybindings. For example: Home
> > ==> goto start of line and End ==> goto end of line.
> > Some may feel that this is not Mac-like but one can configure Mac OS
> > X with a DefaultKeyBindings.dict to do just that.
> > Which is what I have done since I cannot get used to the
> alternatives.
> > I have not been able to find anything in the ~/Library/Texworks
> > folder (I vaguely remember that in Windows there is a file letting
> > you change keybindings?). Apparently the QT library doesn't honour
> > my keybindings.
>
> Sorry, I don't think there's a way to do this at the moment. The
> DefaultKeyBindings.dict file you mention is specific to Apple's Cocoa
> text system, but TeXworks is not using this because of the desire to
> be portable. I agree it would be nice to provide this possibility in
> the future.

I do hope that some sort of configuring will be possible.
Because if one uses an application on different platforms, it is nice
to have identical keys doing identical things
(Home on window is go to start of line etc.)

FYI: OpenOffice 3  also has this "problem" with Home and End in Calc:
on Linux and Windows Home goes to the start of the current row/block.
On the Mac it goed to the top of the sheet.

Berend