[texworks] Kudos and a suggestion

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sat Jul 18 23:11:05 CEST 2009

Recently I've been preparing a new edition of a book I wrote a few years
ago about Unicode and font issues as they relate to fields such as
classics, medieval studies, etc.  It's the longest, most complex job I
have done with TeX (about 100 pages), and TeXworks is performing very
nicely indeed. The job is going smoothly--thanks to Jonathan and
everyone for such a great piece of software!  With TeXworks and (Xe)TeX,
the typography will be greatly improved.

Working on such a long document has made me wish for one thing (aside
from printing, which I understand will come in time)--the ability to go
to a specific page of the PDF, as most PDF viewers let you do.  I have
no idea how hard that is to do, but if it's not too difficult it would
be a useful enhancement.

I also want to say how impressed I am with the synchronization between
PDF and source.  I've used it all along but find it particularly helpful
with this long document.  I can right-click in the PDF and go anywhere
in the source, even if the needed subfile wasn't already open.  That is
slick!

David