[texworks] Close not Quit?

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sat Jul 18 04:01:43 CEST 2009

OK, I did miss the obvious.  I notice now that when TeXworks starts
there is actually a blank, untitled document open; so the close (= quit)
behavior makes a little more sense.  As an enhancement for a future
version, though, I think it would be nice to have TeXworks behave more
like many apps in this regard.  Both Word and OpenOffice Writer, for
instance, start with a blank document that you can close without leaving
the app.

Why would this be useful?  I have a long document with several \include
commands.  I wanted to close the subdocument I was editing and then open
the master document to typeset, so I hit Ctrl-W, thinking it would just
close the file and let me open another one.  That's what got me thinking
about this.

David