[texworks] Icon v6 (was: Icon v5)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:54:05 CEST 2009

On 16 Jul 2009, at 18:30, Stefan Löffler wrote:

> Sure. New version is attached. If I may add my 2 cents:
> * I, too, like the idea of the pen and of course the great
> inscription.
> * I kind of dislike the heavy outline of the pen (which has a rather
> drastic contrast to the rest of the image anyway).
> * Would it be possible to make the pen thinner and/or longer? It looks
> rather compressed to me. Or give it a more three-dimensional look if
> it's supposed to be viewed at an angle.

Agreed with all this. I don't know what tools Jérôme used for his
first version, but the style of the pen there would be a much better
fit. Ideally, perhaps it -- or a refined version; I notice that one
didn't have a "brand name" yet :) -- could be imported as an object
into Blender, so that the two pieces can be positioned and lit
together. But I know nothing about the tools or file formats or
anything.... that may not be feasible at all.

> Finally, the obligatory
> Changelog for the attached file:
> * Different camera position and angle
> * Changed point light to a directional light
> * Made the shadows softer/blurred (this actually increases render time
> quite considerably ;)).
> * Changed the textures and lights a bit to accommodate to the new
> situation.

Looking good, Stefan. My one comment on this version would be that the
blue surface of the T looks a lot paler this time. This may be
primarily because of changes in lighting? Personally, I'd like it
quite a bit deeper.... "inky" carries an implication of very dense,
strong color, IMO. Less brightness, more saturation for the ink, I
guess. :)

Great ideas and work, guys!

JK