[texworks] Icon v5 (was: About the Icon Design)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Jul 15 21:50:20 CEST 2009

On 15 juil. 09, at 20:11, Stefan Löffler wrote:

> Now I did (try) ;). See attachment.
> Changelog:
> * Added more depth
> * Changed the camera angle to include 3rd side and to show the depth a
> little better
> * Made the edges of the T straight
> * Some minor changes (I had to adjust light positions to keep the
> highlights, make the specular color of the ink slightly blue-ish to
> keep
> it from flooding the image with white, etc.)
>
> Remarks, comments, criticisms, suggestions, ... anyone?

I like this new version very much.

The fact that the edges of the T are straight, in particular, is a
bonus: beforehand, the shadow below the upper horizontal bar of the T
looked a bit like eyes or glasses (like these photos of a dog wearing
sunglasses with the vertical ascent playing the dog's nose), it was
distracting.

Also, the curved edges looked a bit odd, the intersections seemed
strange, now it looks all right.

And the fact that the light seems to come laterally makes the shadow
more natural.

Also, the thicker base makes the whole closer to metal type, before
the aspect ratio was more like a book.

Bruno Voisin