[texworks] Icon v5 (was: About the Icon Design)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:11:52 CEST 2009

On 2009-07-15 11:32, Jérome Laurens wrote:

> Stefan, could you add much more depth (the slot would then become
> really visible) and also diminish the T descent (or lower the
> baseline) in the top side as a counterpart, to have a better balance
> of colors.
>
> Did you try a different lens/camera position in order to see 3 sides
> of the movable type, more like the fi or K movable types above ?
> Finally, the edges of the carved T are rounded, did you try a more
> straight shape (see the fi type) ?

Now I did (try) ;). See attachment.
Changelog:
 * Added more depth
 * Changed the camera angle to include 3rd side and to show the depth a
little better
 * Made the edges of the T straight
 * Some minor changes (I had to adjust light positions to keep the
highlights, make the specular color of the ink slightly blue-ish to keep
it from flooding the image with white, etc.)

Remarks, comments, criticisms, suggestions, ... anyone?

Regards