[texworks] Still an un resolved problem

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Mon Jul 13 10:53:33 CEST 2009

Le 10 juil. 09 à 15:37, Alain Delmotte a écrit :

> Sorry Jonathan, I forgot 3 times to answer: MikTeX 2.7 with pdfTeX,
> Version 3.1415926-1.40.9
>
> Alain

The problem you are facing is a known bug in MikTeX

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=110783&aid=2419953&group_id=10783

Here is my technical explanation when I submitted the bug

"In order to include the file "foo.tex" you can use either \input
foo.tex or \input foo.
The source of the tex program (ctan/systems/knuth/dist/tex/tex.web)
reads at line 6461

@d name==cur_input.name_field {name of the current file}

It appears that miktex does not set name_field to the name of the
current file but to what is given to the \input command. If you use
\input foo, the name of the current file is foo.tex, but name_field
just contains "foo". As a consequence, it breaks tools like SyncTeX
that do expect the name of the current file, as stated by the original
TeX documentation."

In short, when MikTeX adds a .tex file extension, it forgets to tell
TeX that he did so.
Christian Schenk has fixed this in MiKTeX 2.8 Beta 4 (to be released
soon).

I don't think SyncTeX should include a workaround for that bug, I may
be wrong.

Regards