[texworks] TeXworks on a PPC

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:24:56 CEST 2009

On 10 Jul 2009, at 13:50, Stephen Moye wrote:

> Mac OS X, 10.5.7, PPC.
>
> I downloaded the new Mac TeXworks binary this morning. The program
> opened normally, and TeXed a small file. A PDF was produced, but did
> not open in TeXworks. When I switched to the Finder, TeXworks quit
> 'unexpectedly.' I tried to open the program again, but TeXworks quit
> before opening.
>
> Should I do as Bruno Voisin did and delete the old libraries
> (hunspell, etc.)? If so, what should I delete?

I don't think the old libs should have any effect; this is a problem
with the freetype library embedded in the new TW build. Inspecting it,
I see that it is x86-only, it didn't get built as a "fat" library.

So there's no chance of PDF viewing working on a PPC with this build. :
( I'll try to get this fixed soon.

JK