[texworks] Still an un resolved problem

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Fri Jul 10 15:19:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

Jonathan Kew a écrit :
> On 10 Jul 2009, at 10:18, Alain Delmotte wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I think it goes up a long time: Synctex, on Windows at least, doesn't
>> work on multiple files for project.
>> The synctex file is created containing lines like:
>> .../...
>> !95864
>> }1
>> Input:82:introduction
>> Input:83:installation
>> Input:84:t1jkptt.fd
>
> Aha, this is really interesting.... is this from TeX Live or MikTeX
> or....?
>
> What I notice here is that the Input records are showing just the bare
> filename, whereas what I see in .synctex files on OS X is the complete
> filename (e.g., introduction.tex) and path if not in the current
> directory (e.g., ..../tex/latex/kpfonts/t1jkptt.fd). If the Windows
> implementations don't give the same information, then TW will need to
> try to search for the files in the same way TeX would.
>
> What appears in the .synctex file if you give an explicit path to a
> file in your TeX document, e.g., \input "c:/path/to/my/file.tex"? Is
> the path recorded, or lost?
When I give, between quotes " for the full path - with or without quotes
for the file name only, the name with .tex, with or without the path, it
is what appears in the synctex file:
example with \input{introduction.tex} or \input{"introduction.tex"}
!98990
}1
Input:82:introduction.tex
Input:83:installation.tex
Input:84:t1jkptt.fd
!82
{2
(83,15:4736286,47378389:28548188,42642103,10046
and the move works.

But, as far as I remember, one should *not* give the extension (.tex)
with \input. I have had cases were at typesetting an error occurred
saying that the file name.tex.tex was not found.

Alain