[texworks] new Mac binary posted - testing welcome

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:08:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

I don't want to go into the Mac details now, but...

Bruno Voisin schrieb:
> The View menu offers Zoom In, Zoom Out, Actual Size, Fit to Width and
> Fit to Window, but no fixed scale. And I couldn't understand how Zoom
> In/Out pick up their magnifications (100 % -> 141.42% -> 200 % ->
> 282.84% -> 400% -> 565.69% -> ... for the former).

...this seems to be related to the square root of 2. Apparently, every
other step doubles the magnification, and it so happens that the steps
in between are related by a factor of sqrt(2). I have no idea (and
haven't checked) if this is hard-coded, but it seems too systematic to
be a result of a random (or system dpi dependent) choice.

Hope this clears this up,