[texworks] new Mac binary posted - testing welcome

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 10 02:05:30 CEST 2009

On 10 Jul 2009, at 00:40, Juergen Fenn wrote:

> - Syntax highlighting did not work after Datei|Neu aus Vorlage (File|
> New
> from template?). I had to close the file and reload it, then it
> worked fine.
>
> - German localisation is fine.
>
> - I could not switch back from full screen view to the normal windows
> view. No button is displayed for that, and pressing ESC once or
> several
> times does not work either, so I had to quit TeXworks via CMD-q...

The "Full Screen" option (Cmd-Shift-F) is a toggle, just press it
again to restore the view. But I guess that's not very obvious!
Probably Esc would be a good alternative, and easier to guess.

> - When I selected File|Open for the first time the dialog started in
> the
> Applications directory. I think it sould start in your Home directory.
> Perhaps there is a way to change this?

Good idea, it should be possible to set a better default.

Now that you've navigated somewhere else, it should "remember" this
for next time - yes?

> - Spellchecking is turned off globally. No language there to select.

No dictionaries are included; I need to post some information about
where to get them.

> - The icon you get when switching between applications by CMD-TAB is
> too
> low in resolution. It just looks too crude, especially next to the new
> Firefox icon... ;-)

I just tried Cmd-Tab, and you're right, it looks very poor. I'll see
if I can figure out what to do about that.

Thanks,

JK