[texworks] German translation updates

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Wed Jul 8 14:59:38 CEST 2009

Jonathan Kew a écrit :
> On 8 Jul 2009, at 12:41, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>
>> Thomas Floeren schrieb:
>>> By the way, when I switch my TeXworks to German it shows
>>> "Übersetzen" for "Typeset"; shouldn’t this rather read "Setzen" (or
>>> maybe "Kompilieren")?
>>>

>> Hm, yeah, I'm not too happy with "Übersetzen", which would probably lead
>> people to believe it somehow translates the text. "Setzen", though being
>> the literal translation, would be rather difficult to comprehend
>> especially for newcomers IMO, however, because it can have many meanings
>> other than typeset. "Kompilieren" may also scare people off, because
>> they either don't know what it is or associate with programming
>> (something many people find complicated).
>>
>> I'd suggest something along the lines of "Dokument erstellen" (=create
>> document) or "Ausgabe erstellen" (=create output). They are not quite
>> ideal, either. "Dokument erstellen" may lead people to believe that it
>> would actually create a new document, while "Ausgabe erstellen" is not
>> really very descriptive (what output? how? why?). But I don't have any
>> better suggestions.
>
> Translation isn't straightforward, is it?!
>
> For the Typeset menu, would "Verarbeiten" (to process) be a
> possibility, or is that just as confusing or obscure?
In French I did use for the interface and the manual "Composer"
[compose/set] and "Composition" [composition-composing of-setting], and
also "compiler" in the manual, explaining that in this case "compiler"
and "composer" are the same. But of course, there is no explanation for
the interface.

In TeXnicCenter they are using "Build".

Alain