[texworks] Linguist problems (was: translation updates)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 20:03:44 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 19:29, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 19:19, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>>> I'm beginning to suspect the same...
>>>
>>> No, I don't see the translated GUI that should be displayed. I checked
>>> the .ts file and found that it doesn't contain any references to the
>>> source files from where the strings are taken (which it should - see the
>>> german file for comparison).
>>> Strangely, running lupdate doesn't have any effect. If I delete all the
>>> files, however, and then run lupdate I get all the correct location lines.
>
> I figured out that running
>    lupdate-4.5 -locations absolute TeXworks.pro
> does help and also helps in case of missing locations. (And it adds
> relative, not absolute paths.)
>
> So I'll try to use that and will hope that it will work in future. (Is
> it possible to fix anything in the original .pro file to instruct
> lupdate to "behave as expected"?)

Sorry. I still don't understand the behaviour. Now running lupdate-4.5
on your file again did work properly (but I don't understand why it
destroyed locations in the beginning).

Now it seems that lupdate without -locations switch doesn't modify
locations (if they are present, they are left, else they aren't
added).

But I have no idea why it didn't generate locations in the first
place, but now it does and I know what to do next time. Thanks a lot
for all the hints.

Mojca