[texworks] translation updates

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:38:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 16:19, Stefan Löffler wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec schrieb:

>>> Wrap around in the context of find/replace means that the program should
>>> continue the search at the beginning of the document when it got to the end.
>>>

>> Hmmm ... quite possible that my version of TW is too old. I actually
>> figured out that I don't see that string anywhere and searching from
>> the end of document doesn't work either.
>>

> Hm, that's odd. I just checked the sources, the "wrap around" options
> seems to have been in the sources for quite a while - they've certainly
> been added before the latest binaries in the downloads section were
> built. The string should be displayed next to the upper left checkbox in
> the Find dialog (if the layout hasn't changed).

I need to get back a working TW, but I didn't see that checkbox in the
old build. (But maybe it's just best wait for the next binary
release.)

>>> There are several features in pdf files that are currently not
>>> supported. IIRC this line indicates that you would need a password to
>>> open the document but TW doesn't provide you with a mechanism to enter it.
>>>

>> I thought it meant that Acrobat has locked the file for writing. So
>> the string means "The action that you are trying to perform doesn't
>> work because PDF file is locked?" (When would PDF be locked when
>> processed with TeX? Or could one simply open any PDF document and the
>> message would only come up in that particular case?)
>>

> No, in case another application blocks access to the file it should
> simply be reported as not readable, I think.

Not writable.

> Locking is a pdf feature
> that is independent of that. Granted, I don't know a way of achieving
> that with TeX, but then again there may be a way or such a way may be
> provided in the future. Besides, some people seem to be using TW for
> displaying other/any pdfs, in which case this message could be necessary.

I wasn't allowed to open PDFs, I was only able to open tex files.

>> Wait ... there's actually only one way to get it working. If I first
>> open German translation as read-only and the Slovenian translation
>> after that, it starts working (I mean: I see German menus in that
>> window). Open recent won't work. If I only load Slovenian translation
>> it won't work either.
>>

> This is strange. We are talking about Linguist, right?

Yes. Qt Lingluist.

> Did you try running lupdate to refresh the translation files?

Yes. Several times. (Maybe my lupdate is misfunctioning?)

I send my (older) translations to mailing list earlier. Are you able
to see the contents of those in visual mode?

> Maybe it
> just doesn't find the dialogs and stuff it is supposed to display.

Mojca