[texworks] German translation updates

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:53:34 CEST 2009

Hi again,

Peter Wüsten schrieb:
> I'd suggest replacing "Stapeln" with the much more intuitive
> "Übereinander" (which also corresponds nicely to "Nebeneinander").

I agree that "Übereinander" would correspond nicely to "Nebeneinander".
However, from what it does, "Stapeln" corresponds more closely to
"Kacheln" ("Side by side" = "Nebeneinander" appears to only work on a
TeX document with the corresponding PDF file, while the others work on
all open windows).

Furthermore, I'd like to add that "Fenster Nebeneinander" is not really
a valid statement, it would be better to call it "Nebeneinander
platzieren", which would be too long IMO, though. But then again,
"window side by side" is not really a full sentence, either ;).

So, all in all, I'd vote for "Stapeln" over "Übereinander". In addition
to what I already said, the windows can be considered "übereinander" (~
"one over the other") all of the time (there's always one window having
the focus and thus being at the front). So "Stapeln" (=stack) would
suggest to me that the are stacked in a nice, clean, aligned pile over
one another, rather than being dispersed over the whole desktop.

Finally, regarding the "Kacheln" issue: I agree that it is normally used
in the context of constructing houses. However, I think it suggests
quite well what it's supposed to do, as Peter pointed out already.

But I'm not a linguist, either.

Regards
Stefan

PS: I tried to find similar translations in other programs, but didn't
succeed.