[texworks] translation updates

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 7 01:18:47 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Mojca
Miklavec<mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm impressed by the translation interface. After seing the sentence
> "Found %n occurrence(s)" I started thinking how to send a feature
> request since I was not able to squeeze the translation into a single
> sentence properly to account for different numbers ... and then I
> realized that there were actually four input fields for four different
> sentence forms. Jonathan ... thanks a lot!!!

Ha - just because it's in the Linguist interface doesn't guarantee
that it's actually supported properly. I guess I'd better check on
this......!

> I'm almost done with translation, but that's all that I was able to
> come up with until now ... In order to be able to polish and fix
> translations, I would need to be using the translated interface for a
> while, but I don't know how to do that.

I've committed your work so far, so it'll be included in future
builds. But you should be able to test it by putting the .qm file into
a "translations" folder within the TeXworks configuration folder
(alongside "completion", "configuration", etc.) If you do this, it
should appear as an option in Preferences/General, along with the
languages that are already present in your binary. (I haven't tested
this lately, though; hope it still works.)

Thanks!

Jonathan