[texworks] Icon

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:24:33 CEST 2009

Norbert Preining wrote:
> I replaced the icon in my installation of Windows with yours, but
> strange enough it appears that the blue is not coming out properly on
> the screen. I have no explanation for that.

Odd.  I tried again, this time with GIMP.  See if this version works better.

Implementation:  There is a layer for every resolution: 16×16, 24×24,
32×32, 48×48, and 256×256.  (I also included the 480×480 original as a
layer.)  I included duplicates of some layers, so I could include
different color depths.  Save as “Windows Icon format (.ico)”, and a
dialog box comes up with color-depth options for each layer.  At 16×16
and 32×32, I recommend saving at 32, 24, & 8 bpp; at other resolutions
(except 480×480), save at 32 & 24 bpp.

—Joel Salomon