[texworks] custom shortcuts

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 09:21:07 CEST 2009

For people interested in customizing keyboard shortcuts via an .ini
file, I have committed Stefan's patch for this to the texworks
repository. See http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=17
for details.

I made one significant change from the original patch: instead of
requiring you to add a new setting to the main preferences (which
might be stored in a .plist file [Mac] or the registry [Windows]), it
will simply look for a file named "shortcuts.ini" in the texworks
configuration directory, alongside the setup files for syntax
coloring, auto-indent, etc.

Stefan, sorry this patch has waited so long! I'd still like to
consider a user interface some day, but for now at least the basic
functionality is there. Thanks again for all your contributions.

JK