[texworks] Ubuntu packages

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Jun 23 01:27:08 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Löffler a écrit :
> I've created a Launchpad team named "TeXworks" for building and
> redistributing the latest TW builds. Currently available is TW for all
> supported distributions (hardy LTS, intrepid, jaunty) on the three
> families (amd64, i386, lpia).

Great.

> With this it should be a piece of cake to install TW on Ubuntu (and
> maybe Debian) without compilation. If you want to check it out head to
> https://launchpad.net/~texworks and look for "Latest Builds".
>
> If anyone out here wants to help and knows a little bit about
> programming/package creation (or wants to learn as I'm doing right now
> ;)) feel free to join the team.

Actually, before I knew about the Ubuntu package by Martin Sievers, I had a
project about trying to package TeXworks for Debian, but gave up because I had a
hard time trying to learn how .debs are made, because all examples assume the
auto* way of building things, while the Qt way is quite different. But now, with
the package already done for Ubuntu, I could probably help "backporting" it to
Debian.

Manuel.