[texworks] Ubuntu packages

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 23 00:05:07 CEST 2009

    I've created a Launchpad team named "TeXworks"

Isn't there some way we can do this in a distro-agnostic way?

Aside from philosophical problems with launchpad (of which I have many :),
it seems like it would be much more effective to distribute binaries and
collect build information for *all* systems on a TeXworks page.

For example, many of the TeX Live builders are perfectly willing to
build TW binaries; some already have.  But right now there is no
good mechanism for making them available, as far as I know.

Fragmenting the information onto personal home pages, distro-specific
pages, etc., just seems wrong to me.  By all means, let's have mention
of TW in all such places, but it should just point back to a central TW
location.

Jonathan??