[texworks] Beginners' needs (was: Lua scripting)

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Fri Jun 19 06:07:21 CEST 2009

From: "T T" <t34www at googlemail.com>
> In the context of making TW newbie friendly and fun to start with, I
> have a suggestion to open the quick start guide as a welcome document
> on the first start. That way users could jump right into editing and
> typsetting from the very start if they want to. They could play around
> with things as they read through the guide. Of course there would have
> to be a possibility to "recover" the original guide

This is a very good idea.  Possibly even better: display a screen on first
use that says something like "We know you want to get right to work trying
TeXworks.  Because TeX is different from most other software, you will save
time and effort if you start by reading pages 1-3 (or whatever) in the
user's guide." and then letting them click to go to the guide.

David