[texworks] Beginners' needs (was: Lua scripting)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:43:52 CEST 2009

Jérome Laurens schrieb:
> May I add
>
> 5) Help by contents: ask your question and you'll get an answer.
> Something like
> Q) How do I typeset in 3 columns?
> A) Use the multicols package (in LaTeX)
> In short, something like a searchable FAQ
>
> 6) An entry point to a forum, because online help is outperformed by
> human help.

Another point (though not an absolute must-have):

7) A good icon

Not that I dislike the lion, but that's the TUG. And since we have icons
everywhere today and people often associate applications with icons, I
think having a good one for TW would be nice. Plus: it could pimp up the
manuals ;).

If anyone's interested: I'd suggest designing such an icon as a vector
graphic (e.g. svg, also look at the program Inkscape). Since many of
TW's icons are taken from Tango: their icon guidelines are at
http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines. An additional
good (IMO) resource about how to design good icons can be found at
http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/icons.html.

-Stefan