[texworks] TeXworks templates

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Mon Jun 15 04:26:12 CEST 2009

Two questions about the templates that are provided with TeXworks:

1. The "article-fontspec.tex" template in the XeLaTeX documents folder loads
the packages fontspec, xunicode, and xltxtra in that order.  According to
the documentation for xltxtra, that package loads xunicode and fontspec
automatically.  Perhaps it does no harm to ask for a package to be loaded
multiple times, but I wondered about this.

2. There seem to be duplicate templates.  For instance, the
"article-fontspec.tex" seems to be exactly the same as qt_temp.Xd2364, and
likewise for templates in other folders.  Are they not identical in some way
that I missed?  If they are identical, why are they both there?

David